Dickinson-Boal House

JSDH article page 172
The Dickinson-Boal house was one of the most elaborate Queen Anne Victorian homes in the city. It was designed by Comstock and Trotsche in 1887 for William Green Dickinson who owned 40 acres at the end of East 24th Street. His daughter Mary married John E. Boal in 1888, and after William Dickinson's death in 1891, Boal lived in the house and managed the Land and Town Company until it was dissolved in 1926. After Boal died in 1934, the house became the San Miguel School for Boys and the exterior stairs were added to the upper floors.
Map | Next
The Dickinson-Boal house at 1433 East 24th Street.

revised 4/20/08 by Schoenherr | National City | Map | San Diego Local History