Otto Stang

JSDH article page 176
Otto Stang operated the most well-known blacksmith shop in town, at 18th and 7th Avenue. The shop was in business from 1896 to 1956 when the Montgomery Freeway was built through National City next to 7th Avenue, renamed McKinley when the streets west of the Freeway changed from numbers to names of presidents.
Map | Next
The freeway underpass at McKinley Street where Stang's shop had been located.

revised 4/20/08 by Schoenherr | National City | Map | San Diego Local History