Kimball Park

JSDH article page 162
The photograph at left shows Frank Kimball (1832-1913) and his wife Sarah Currier Kimball (1838-1912) ca. 1890. His four brothers below from the left were George Kimball (1824-1904), Levi Kimball (1826-1892), Warren Kimball (1829-1913), Charles Kimball (1836-1903). The Kimball name is commemorated in the second oldest city park in San Diego, founded by Frank Kimball in 1887 when he set aside 30 acres at 12th Street an D Avenue. The park today includes the Kimball Bowl amphitheater, a Community Center, a Civic Center, sports fields and the new Library.
Map | Next
Kimball Park and Community Building

Kimball Bowl and War Memorial Amphitheater

revised 4/20/08 by Schoenherr | National City | Map | San Diego Local History